Association & Activities
The Department association, Spatika encourages the students to participate in the Co-Curricular and Extension activities. Major activities of the association include Career guidance, Guest Lectures, Seminars, Student Lecture Series, National / International day Celebration, Quizzes, Intercollegiate competitions, Workshops, Wall magazine, Alumni interactions and activities related to Popularizing Chemistry. These activities are planned and organized systematically by students with the guidance of faculty members.
- Two Day National Seminar on “Recent Advances in Chemical Sciences” Sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, New Delhi on 18th and 19th January 2019.
- One Day Programme to commemorate the International Year of Chemistry-2011 sponsored by Vision Group on Science and Technology, Govt of Karnataka on 14th December 2011.
- UGC sponsored Three Day State Level Seminar on “Modern Techniques in Analytical Chemistry” from 29-07-2004 to 31-07-2004.
Minor Research Project Completed
- Minor research project entitled “Qualitative and quantitative study of water quality in some selected pockets of Nethravathi river” under COSIP funded by UGC during the period 1998-2000.
- Minor research project entitled “Studies on the oxidation of heterocyclic substrates” under UGC grant during the period 1997 – 1999.
- Minor research project entitled “Analysis of Nethravathi river water – A special reference to health” under UGC grant during the period 2009–2011.
- Synthesis and antibacterial properties of some 2- substituted-4 coumarinothiazoles. Kalluraya, P. Vishwanatha, R. Chimbalkar: Chim. Acta. Turcica, 24, 119-121 (1996)
- Synthesis and biological activity studies of 3-arylaminomethyl-7H-6- (6-substituted –3- coumarino)-s-triazolo [3,4-b][1,3,4] thiadiazines. Kalluraya and P. Vishwanatha: Boll.Chim. Farmaceutico, Italy Anno 137, 169-172 (1998)
- Sydnone derivatives Part-II: Synthesis; characterization and biological activity of 3 aryl-4- [2-(5- substituted-2- furfurylidene hydrazino) –4 thaizolyl] sydnones. Kalluraya, P. Vishwanatha and A.M. Rahiman: Revue Roumaine de Chieme: 45 (1) ,71-75 (2000)
- Synthesis and biological activity studies of 6-substituted-3-[2-(5-substittuted-2-furfurylidene hydrazine)-4-thaizolyl] coumarins. B. Kalluraya, Vishwanatha and M. Kotian; Boll. Chim-Farmaceutico; Italy,Anno 139, 236- 266 (2000)
- Ethyl -1- (4–Flurobenzyl) -2-(4- methoxy phenyl)-1H-benzo(d) imidazole-5-carboxylate. Naveen, Vasantha Kumar, Boja Poojary, P. Vishwanatha, N.K.Lokanath and M.M.M Abdoh, IUCr Data, (2016) x161744, ISSN: 2414-3146
- 2, 5- Bis – (4- chlorobenzylidene) cyclopentanone. Samshuddin, S. Naveen, L. N. Ananya, P. Vishwanatha, N.K.Lokanath and Muneer Abdoh, IUCr Data (2016) x161865, ISSN: 2414-3146
- Voltammetric Detection Of Cinnarizine At Multiwalled Carbon Nano Tubes Modified Paste Electrode. Rajesh N. Hegde and Vishwanatha P International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation . 5(1), 31-41, (2018) , ISSN: 2321-2705, Impact Factor 1.694
- Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, crystal structure, Hirshfeld surface analysis and third order nonlinear optical properties of 2-(4-chlorophenoxy)-N’- [(1E) -1- (4- methylphenyl) ethylidene] acetohydrazide. Purandara, S.Raghavendra, Sebine Foro, Prashanth Patil, B. Thimme Gowda, S.M.Dharmaprakash and P Vishwanatha . Journal of Molecular Structure, 1185, 205-211 (2019). Impact Factor: 2.011, ISSN:0022 – 2860
- Synthesis and biological activity of some 2-aryl – 4 coumarinothiazoles. B. Kalluraya, R. Chimbalkar, P. Vishwanatha and M. Kotian: Indian J. Het. Chem. 5, 153-154 (1995)
- Sydnone derivatives Part-1: Synthesis of some 3-substituted-4 (3-arylaminomethyl-7H-s-triazolo [3,4-b] [1,3,4] – thiadiazin-6-y1)-sydnones. B. Kallauraya, P. Vishwanatha: Indian J. Het. Chem 7, 277-280 (1998)
- Synthesis of some triazolothiadiazines as possible antifungal agents. B. Kalluraya, Vishwanatha, Arun M. Isloor and Ganesh Rai : Journal of the Indian council of chemists 16, No. 2, 26- 28 (1999)
- Synthesis and biological activity of some triazinothiadiazines . B. Kalluraya, P. Vishwanatha, Ganesh Rai, M. Abdul Rahiman and Suchetha : Indian J. Het. Chem, 11, 287-290 (2002)
- Sydnone derivatives part IV: Synthesis of some triazole thiadiazepines and their biological activity. B. Kalluraya, P. Vishwanatha, C. Hegde Jyothi, V. Frank Priya and Ganesh Rai: Indian J. Het. Chem. 12, 355-356 (2003)
- Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of quinoline bound imidazoles. Shashiprabha, Sanjay S S, Vishwanatha P and Sudhakar Y N. Mapana Journal of Sciences, 17(2), 53-59, (2018), ISSN: 0975-3303
- Synthesis and characterization of benzoxazinone derivatives. Nefisath P, Vishwanatha P and Sudhakar Y N. Mapana Journal of Sciences, 17(2), 47-51, (2018), ISSN: 0975-3303
- Synthesis and characterization of chalcones and pyrazolines derived from substituted aryl ether. Shashiprabha, B. Shivarama Holla, Vishwanatha P and Nefisath P. Mapana Journal of Sciences, 18 (2), 13-19, (2019), ISSN: 0975-3303