Psychological and Educational Association of Counseling and Excellence (PEACE)
- Workshops – Cognitive behaviour Therapy (CBT), Clinical Case History Taking, Research Proposal Writing, Mindfulness Based Living, Assessment and Remediation for Children with Learning Disability, Counselling for Sexual Minorities, Behavioural Intervention for Children with Autism, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Guest Lectures
- Psychovision– Enhancing Mental Health Across Life Span: Role of Psychologists,
- Conferences- National Level on “Sambandha, Sampreethi, Sangharsha: The Dynamics of Human Relationships”
- Educational tour
- Field visits – Manipal Anatomy And Pathology Museum, Manipal; Chethana Special School, Bharathi Seva Mandali Trust, Near Sri Krishna Kshetra, Anekere; Manipal Technologies Limited (Industrial Visit), Adult Rehabilitation Centre, Hombeleku
- World Mental Health Day
- Suicide Prevention Day
- Virtual Classes
- Alumni Interactions
- Psychology Day
- Training Camps
- Hostel counselling
- Psycho –Education Camp
- Mobile Hospital / Counselling
The Teach to Reach Program
- To present various modules for the students aimed at improving their academic and holistic development.
- To identify students who need special attention and help them.
- To counsel the students who are in need and orient students and teachers about different strategies in improving their skills and abilities.
- To address and educate the parents on creating a student-friendly environment at home etc.
Hostel Counseling Program
- To help the hostelites assess their abilities, Interests, needs and find solutions to their problems.
- To bring about a voluntary change in individuals.
- To facilitate them to improve their self-esteem and help them in maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- To provide a platform to understand their emotions, clear their doubts and resolve their conflicts.
- Act as a facilitator in providing their overall development.
- Help them live in a more satisfying and resourceful ways.
- Marriage counseling
- Career counseling
- Rehabilitation counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
- Student counseling
- Education counseling
Faculty with Ph.D : 03
Faculty submitted the Ph.D : 01
Faculty ongoing Ph.D : 01
Dr. Vandana Jain in the year 2017 awarded with Ph.D (with coursework) in Psychology from Mangalore University under the guidance of Dr. M.Y Manjula Professor and Head Dept. Post Graduation studies and research in Psychology, SDM College (Autonomous), Ujire. Title of the thesis “Enhancing the level of Achievement Motivation, Academic Achievement, Well-Being, Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy of Adolescent Dalit Girls”.
Dr.G.Ramesh Upadhyaya, has completed his PhD in the Dept of Psychology, from Karnatak University Dharwad in the year 2008, under the guidance of Dr.Havalappanavar, (Rtd) Professor Dept of Psychology, Karnatak University, Dharwad, on the title “Stress and Coping in the families of mentally retarded.
Mrs.NavyaShree.G.C, she is currently pursuing her PhD in the Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Psychology, under the guidance of Dr.M.Y.Manjula, Professor, Dept of Psychology, Christ University, Bengaluru.
Dr.Maheshbabu.N has completed his Ph.D. in from Dept of Psychology, Karnatak University, Dharwad in the year 2015, through ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship, under the guidance of Dr.S.G.Jadhav, Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychology, Karnatak Arts College, Dharwad, on the title of “Organizational Climate, Job anxiety, Job satisfaction and Mental health of teachers working government and private aided high schools”
Mrs.Varsha Malagi, she is currently pursuing her PhD in Psychology from Karnatak University, Dharwad, under the guidance of Dr.Triveni, Assistant Professor, Dept of Psychology, Karnatak University, Dharwad,
Undertaken Funded Research
- In 2015 UGC MRP The title of the Minor research was “Achievement Motivation, Academic Achievement, Subjective Well-Being, Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy of Dali Adolescent Students”
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr.Shivakumar S Chengti (2011): “Impact of Mental Health on Job Satisfaction among Nurses Working in Government and Private Hospitals” LAP Lambert Academic Publishing House Germany – ISBN No: 978-3-659-25974-6.
Research Paper published (Year wise)
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr.Shivakumar S Chengti, Mr.Balaji Walkhinde (2013), “Organizational Climate and Job Anxiety of Primary School Teachers” International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 06, Issue, 01, -4694-4696.
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr. S.G.Jadhav (2014). “Organizational Climate and Job Anxiety of Secondary School Couple Teachers” Indian Psychological Review, Vol. 82, 02. ISSN 00196215
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr. S.G.Jadhav (2014). “Job satisfaction and mental health of Secondary School Couple Teachers” Golden research thoughts, Vol. 02, 06.
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr.Shivakumar S Chengti (2014). Frustration and Aggression among Adolescents. Journal of Indian Psychological Review, Vol. 82, 01. 2014.
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr.Shivakumar S Chengti (2014): Job Anxiety and Job Satisfaction In Relation to School Organizational Climate among Primary School Teachers: An Indian Context. “ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on Stress and Resilience” on 14th & 15th November 2014. Dept. of psychology, Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh. ISBN: 978-9-351-96800-9.
- Jain, V., and Manjula, M.Y. (2015). Subjective Well-being among Dalit Adolescent. Journal of Psychosocial Research 10(2), 189-197.
- Maheshbabu.N, Dr.Shivakumar S Chengti and Mr.Chandrkanth.B.K (2015). Anxiety and locus of control of college going adolescents, Indian Psychological Review. Vol 85, Special issue, 223-230. ISSN 00196215
- Self esteem and locus of control among obese and non obese adults- Indian Journal of Health and Well being, Volume 6. issue 1 January 2015 , ISSN 2229- 5356
- Effect of Psychosocial Education on the Development of Identity among AdolescentsJournal of Contemporary Psychological Research. Vol.2 Issue 3 December 2015, ISSN 2455-0981.
- Jain, V., and Manjula, M.Y. (2016). Impact of Intervention Programme on Achievement Motivation and Academic Achievement of Dalit adolescent girls. Shodha 5(2), 136-145.
- Jain, V., and Manjula, M.Y. (2016). Psychological well-being among Dalit Adolescent Girls. IER Journal of Health and Demography
- Maheshbabu.N and Dr.S.G.Jadhav (2016). “Job anxiety, Job Satisfaction and Mental Health among Working Teacher Couples. International journal of current research.
- Need for psychologists in schools: Teacher’s perspective- Shodha. Volume 5. Issue 2, January 2016, ISSN 2249-0396
- Effect of Psychosocial Education on the Development of intimacy and autonomy among Adolescents- International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol.6, Issue 1, January 2016, ISSN- 2249-2496.
- ffect of Psychosocial Education on Achievement motivation among adolescents – Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume 6, Issue 4, April 2016, ISSN – 2249-555X.
- Gratitude and helping attitude among rural and urban late adolescents- Understanding human beings – ISBN 978-81-931 489-9-0, 2016
- Self efficacy & Mindful awareness among athletes and artists- Understanding human beings – ISBN 978-81-931 489-9-0, 2016
- Family climate of urban and rural adolescents – Understanding human beings – ISBN 978-81-931 489-9-0, 2016
- Self efficacy and life satisfaction among young adults- Understanding human beings – ISBN 978-81-931 489-9-0, 2016
- Attitude towards marriage and life satisfaction among mid adults – International journal of Indian psychology – Volume 3, issue 3, ISSN 2348- 5396, 2016
- Jain, V., and Manjula, M.Y. (2017). Effect of intervention programme on academic achievement and self-efficacy of adolescent Dalit girls. Art & Education International Research Journal 4(1), 1-3.
- Maheshbabu.N, Mr. Chandrkanth. B. K, Dr. Shivakumar S Chengti (2017). Adjustment and Social support of pre-university college adolescents. The international journal of Indian psychology. Vol 4, Issue 2. No 96.
- Psychological wellbeing among the adolescents who have experienced and who have not experienced sexual abuse – Indian journal of health and well being- Volume 8, Issue 4, 2017
- Jain, V., and Manjula, M.Y. (2018).“Impact intervention programme on self-esteem and subjective well-being of Dalit Adolescent Girls”. Psychology: Existing Trends and Emerging Field, India: New United Publishers.(ISBN: 978-93-81195-96-3)
- Jain, V., and A. (2018). “Self-esteem and self-efficacy among orphan adolescents and adolescents living with their parents”. Contemporary Research in India, 8(1), 103-107. (ISBN 2231-2131). (UGC Approved Journal (Sr. No. 3430 Journal No. 62441) / NAAS Score 2018: 3.23, GIFactor: 0.9)
- Ramesh, A., and Jain, V (2018). “Self Esteem among Pre University Students”.International Journal of Indian Psychology, 6(4).
- Maheshbabu.N, Mr. Chandrkanth. B. K, Dr. Shivakumar S Chengti (2018). Impact of mental health on job satisfaction of secondary school couple teachers. The international journal of Indian Psychology. Vol 6. No 2.
- Shilpa Mohan and Dr.Maheshbabu.N (2018). Depression among recently disabled adolescents adapting to a new reality. Indian Psychological Review. Vol 90. No 1. Pp 13-18 (UGC Approved). ISSN 00196215
- Maheshbabu.N, Dr.Basavaraj Bappan (2018). an intervention program on mental alertness and self-concept of underprivileged. International Journal of Current Research and Modern Education. Vol 3. Issue 1. 60-62.
- Maheshbabu.N, Dr.Basavaraj Bappan (2018). Mental alertness and self-esteem of underprivileged students. International journal of current research. Vol 10. Issue 1.
- Varsha A Malagi (2018) Spirituality among Non-Ashtang Yoga practitioners and Non-Yoga Practitioners. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, ISSN 2348-5396 (e) | ISSN: 2349-3429 (p) Volume 6, Issue 4,DIP: 18.01.116/20180604 DOI: 10.25215/0604.116, 2018.
- Kulkarni, S., and Jain, V. (2019). “The Impact of intervention programme on Self-Esteem and Achievement Motivation Among Adolescent Girls”. Asian Journal of Multidimensional Research, 8(Spl.Iss 2), 181-188. Impact Factor: SJIF 2018- 6.053 ISSN (online) 2278-4853.
- Antony, J.A, and Jain, V. (2019). “Goal setting among indigent adolescents”. International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR). 6(2), Impact Factor: 5.75 Google Scholar. E-ISSN 2348-1269
- Maheshbabu.N (2019). The differences in socio demographic factors on cyber bullying among adolescents. Indian Psychological Review. Vol 92. No 1. Pp 3-6. ISSN 00196215.
- Varsha A Malagi (2019) College-going late adolescent’s Attitude towards women, IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 24, Issue 1, 2019.
- Varsha A Malagi (2019) Mindfulness among Non-Ashtang Yoga Practitioners and Non-Yoga Practitioners, International Journal for Psychology and Social Sciences, Volume 03; Issue 01; Page no. 94 – 109; Feb 2019. Impact factor- 3.489.
- Anjitha Nirmal, Varsha A. Malagi (2019) Helping Attitude among Nurses working in Government and Private Hospitals, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Volume 9 Issue 1, January 2019, ISSN: 2249-2496 Impact Factor: 7.081, 2019.
- H, Varsha A. Malagi (2019) Mindfulness among theatre artists and Non-theatre artists, International Journal of Social Sciences Review, Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2019, ISSN: 2347-3797, 1815-1819.
Research Guide (Master Research work and SRP done so far)
- Student Research Projects :20
- Master Dissertations :17
Master Dissertations: 10