Awards and Achievements
“A study on the opinion of mothers with regard to school counselling services”. This paper is awarded as one of the best papers at First Mysuru International Conference on Medical and Social Sciences.Organised by Department of Community Medicine, Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysuru, India.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Youth Development
- Foundations of Youth Development
- Conducted Life Skill Trainings for the mothers and adolescence children.
- Conducted Trainings on Social Work Methods for various Non Government Organizations.
- Training conducted for secondary school children on various topics like life skill education, exam preparation, parenting skills and mental health issues of children.
- Workshop on need and importance of school counselling services at Primary School level. The target groups were primary school teachers of Belthangadi Taluk for primary school teachers of Belthangadi Taluk at Vimukthi Organization Lila,Belthangadi on 23-3-2018.
- Ethics of counselling, Personal and professional qualities of school counsellor and need of school counselling services. The target groups were MSW Students at Central University Kasaragod, Kerala on 17-9-18.
- Ethics of counselling, Personal and professional qualities of school counsellor and need of school counselling services. School Counsellors of Kasaragod District at Central University Kasaragod, Kerala on 24-9-18.
- Positive mental health for SSLC students in association with Alvas College Mudabidri and Live, Love and Laugh Foundation, Founded by Deepika Padukone.
- Need and Importance of Life skills for college students for B.A. Students at KSS College Subramanya on 11-01-2019
- Workshop on Life Skill Education for 8 to 10 standard boys at Rathna Manasa Hostel Studedents,SDM,Ujire on 13-04-2019
- Workshop on Research Methodology for First year and Second year BA Students at KSS College Subramanya on 13-10-2019
- Workshop on Life Skill Education for paraprofessional teachers of Vimukthi Organization,Belthangadi on 31-08-2019 and 27-07-2019.
Attended as Resource Person
- Delivered a talk on “Women and Mental Health” for Self-help group members on 14-11-2017 at Kalmanja Gramapanchayat, Ujire.
- Delivered a talk on Mental Health for Degree Students on 28-08-2017 at KSS College Subramanya
- Delivered a talk on School Mental Health for Primary and Secondary school Students
- On 26-01-2018 at Shree Gurukula aided primary school, Karkala Taluk, Mala
- Delivered a talk on Significance of Women’s day for General Public on 10 March 2018
- at Shivalli Brahmin Sabha, Arippadi Matha, Ujire.
- A talk on Domestic Violence for Self-help group members on 9-3-2018 at The Dakshina Kannada Rural Development Society.JanaNilayaBelthangady.
- Delivered a talk on women empowerment for 50 women members of Rotary club for Womens’Group on 21-07-2018 at Rotary Installation Program Subramania
- Attended as resource person for women’s day celebration and spoke about need for Delivered a talk on women empowerment for Womens’Group on 24-03-2019 at Pragathi Mahilamandala Ujire.
- Attended as Chief Guest of the awareness programme on “ Life Skills” on 28 November 2019, for Government High School students SDM Ujire.
Panelist for two days National Level Conference on“Sambandha,Sampreethi,Sangharsha:Tha Dynamics of Human Relationships” and spoke about Facets of Community Relationship. Organized by Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Psychology,SDM P.G.Centre,Ujire,Karnataka On 25 th February 2019.
- Department of Social Work, St Aloysius college, Mangalore.
- Yenepoya Medical College for Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangalore.
- Organized Social Work Camp at Shree Gurukula aided primary school, Karkala Taluk, Mala for Second year MSW students on 24-01-2018 to 29-01-2018.
- Organized National conference on Fostering Holistic Responses to School Counselling for Stakeholders of the school system such as teachers, students, parents and MSW students from various places on 23 and 24 November 2018.
- Organized Study Tour to Mumbai and Visited Red-light area, Kamatipura, Institute for Psychological Health and Siemens India Private Limited for Second Year MSW Students, Department of P.G. Studies in Social Work on February 27 to March 5 2019
- Organized one day visit to SEON Ashram. The Trust provides care and treatment for the mentally ill and physically challenged for Second year MSW Students (Medical and Psychiatric specialization students) on 11 August 2018
- Carried out orientation visit to Vimukthi Organization, Belthangady for third semester elective students on 30 October 2018.
- Saksham – Tata Institute of Social Sciences The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Counseling program, R -7 ,Coordinating capacity building efforts and trainings for the counselors through counseling supervision program.
- Child Fund India, New Delhi- Worked as a consultant in Child Fund India. Carried out Capacity Mapping of following six partner NGOs of Child Fund India, New Delhi.
List of the NGOs:
- Kiriya Pushpa Family Helper Project,Mysuru,
- Vimochana CDP-Gangavathi,Myrada
- Child Fund India Project,Raichur Area,N.K.Jesuit
- Educational and Charitable Society Mundgod,Grama
- Vikas,Kolar,Amala’s Kutumba Abivrudhi Yojana,Tumkur,
- This Capacity Mapping was done for five core dimensions of NGO functioning namely organizational Structure, External Relations, Finance and Human Resources for their Efficiency, Effectiveness, Impact and Sustainability. This assignment was carried out both in the organization and in the project area.
Children’s Home Foundational Research Study. (HHWS,INDIA)
- Worked as a research associate for the study on the Socio-economic assessment of the beneficiaries of Sunshine Home, The study focused on the assessment of socio economic status of the children who are placed under the care and protection of Sunshine home, Bengaluru.
Online Certificate Course
- Online certificate course titled “Promotion of Health and Wellness for Senior Citizens” Conducted by National Institute of Mental Health & Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in collaboration with Karnataka State Legal Services Authority (KSLSA) & Karnataka State Resource Centre for Senior Citizens. August – October 2019