Students of the science department of SDM College recently visited the IDEA lab at St. Joseph’s Technical College in Vamanjur. The lab is one of the four in the state that provides supplementary knowledge for innovative inventions. The students, led by Prof. S.N. Kakatkar, head of the physics department, and Prof. Ganesh Nayak, head of the mathematics department, learned about 3D printing, laser design printing, PCB printing, and wood design printing. They also conducted experiments themselves.
The IDEA lab is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities that can help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field of innovation. The visit was organized as part of an agreement between the two institutions. The students were accompanied by Prof. Chipparapu, vice-principal of St. Joseph’s Technical College, and staff members.
- The students learned about the latest technologies in 3D printing, laser design printing, PCB printing, and wood design printing.
- They conducted experiments themselves to gain hands-on experience.
- The visit was organized as part of an agreement between SDM College and St. Joseph’s Technical College.
- The students were excited to learn about the latest technologies and to see the state-of-the-art facilities at the IDEA lab.
- They are eager to apply their newfound knowledge to their own projects.