Mrs. Prarthana J., accorded with young scientist award for the year 2020 by honourable jury members in 9th science and technology, education expo tv (eet) crs, a research & branding independent organization serving since 2011.
Completed Research project
- UGC Minor research project entitled “Microbial production of Biosurfactants for enhanced oil recovery”,2013,duration 18 months. worth 1,70,000/- .Rf:MRP(S)-0525/13- 14/KAMA009/UGC-SWRO, Principle Investigator Ms.Prarthana J.
- VGST, Science Project In College Education (SPiCE)-Completed “Analysis of used edible oil” by Ramya &Shalini(2010-2012), Principle Investigator Ms.Prarthana J
- DBT Grant of 8 lakhs from Ministry of Science &Technology ,Govt of India in partnership with Foldscope Instruments Inc. and Prakashlab(Stanford University;California)for the project entitled “Use of combinational drug targeting bacterial cytoskeletal protein for prevention of antibiotic recalcitrant strains”. The research grant aims as a twinning programme with North East Region through BCIL(Biotechnonology Consortium India Ltd) Sanction Order:No.BT/IN/Indo-US/Foldscope/39/2015 dated 20.3.18, Principle Investigator Ms.Prarthana J
- Awarded by VGST, as scientist faculty under the scheme of Research Grant for Scientist Faculty of the grant amount 5 lacs, on project entitled as” Fabricated synbiotics preparation to enhance viability of probiotic strain through micro encapsulation “. Sanction Order:No.KSTePS/VGST/RGS/F/2017-18/GRDNo.701/2017-18/157, dated 27.8.18, Principle Investigator Ms.Prarthana J
- Guided Student project programme in 44th series funded by Karnataka State council for Science & Technology, entitled ” Novel approach in tertiary water treatment by using pellets of exopolysaccharides for removal of endocrine disruptor and similar toxic compounds in wastewater treatment” . Ref.No 44S_MSC_042, April-July 2021
- Guided Student project programme in 45th series funded by Karnataka State council for Science & Technology, entitled ” Composite copper nanoparticle embedded in collagen material as effective suture threads in biomedicine”, Ref.No 45S_MSC_098, April-July 2022
- Course Coordinator Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Programme – BiSEP 2nd phase of the Biotechnology Finishing Schools BTFS at Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara College Ujire 574 240
As Coordinator BiSEP efforts are towards channeling academic ability to meet industry requirements and expose students to latest happenings in the industry .Under BiSEP we are offering unique job oriented Post graduate diploma in Fermentation and Bioprocessing supported by Dept of IT , BT and S&T GoK and DBT ,GoI. The 1 year course has 6 months academic training and 6 months compulsory industry internship. Five years Project(2017-2022) worth 1.6 crore ,Course co Ordinator(Principle Investigator) Ms.Prarthana J
- Co-PI for VGST sanctioned project entitled “Management of obesity, glycemic index and lipid profile by chilly based Indian functional foods” under the scheme Research grant for Scientist faculty. Sanction Order:No.KSTePS/VGST/RGS/F/GRDNo.966/2020-21/166, dated 26.8.21
- As a part of project implementation group member for sanction DST FIST Level0-Ref SR/FST/COLLEGE-/2020/914 Dt. 5-3-2021