“Working with rural communities to improve economic, social and cultural well-being “
Economics and Rural Development, Social Work, Psychology, Political Science, Journalism, Home Science, Kannada, Statistics, History; and Commerce
Center for rural studies:
- acts as a collaborating center for various research and extension activities of the associating departments;
- conduct research methodology courses, workshops, e-content and skill development courses for the teachers
- programmes for students to undertake student research projects
Programmes undertaken by the Center are;
Awareness Programmes, Weekend Camps, On the Job Training, Field Visits/Surveys, Summer Projects, Guest Lectures, Action Research, Seminar/Workshops/Certificate Courses
Objectives of the Center
In moving toward, the overall goal of improving the economic, psychological, social, political, environmental and cultural well-being in rural communities, and to create, and a healthy generation of new innovative thinking to achieve the goal, the Center for Rural Studies seeks to:
- Generate new knowledge through multi-disciplinary research and policy analysis about the challenges facing rural communities and potential pathways to sustainability.
- Expand citizen and policymaker understanding about the contributions of and constraints faced by rural communities and the impacts of national and state policy on rural sustainability.
- Engage rural communities in learning collaboratively about their strengths and opportunities and empower them to develop strategies to support long-term sustainability
- Improving rural quality of life, conservation and documentation of rural traditional knowledge’s, collection and preserving the articles of rare.